From:
"Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:48:03 -0500
While we're on the cd-rom burner question, I remember
that there are 'old-style', poorly designed burners that
burn coasters, and 'new-style', correctly designed burners
that are smart enough to quit burning when they don't have
enough data not to burn a coaster.

Could people recommend a couple of good quality
'new-style' burners that work with w2k?  Are there any
scsi-based 'new-style' burners out there?

Thanks.

rdavid <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Now I'm debating about a CD-ROM burner, and would appreciate feedback about
> whether to consider an internal or external model. I have an old desktop
> (running Win '95) and a new laptop (running Win 2K). The options I'm
> considering are either getting an internal CD-ROM burner for the laptop
> (because that's my most up-to-date computer), or an external model that
> could be connected to either using a parallel or USB connection. The
> positive side of getting an external model would be that I could use it for
> both machines, including in case I replace my desktop with a newer computer
> in the future. What I'm concerned about regarding an external model is
> whether the quality and reliability and ease of use is equal to an internal
> model. Any advice is appreciated.

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown@MailAndNews