From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 00:16:18 -0700
>Well, Dear unknown Jean Claude
>
>Also in nature is the drive to survive---ultimately thwarted by the
"natural
>regulation system" such as cancer.

I don't see cancer as a " natural regulation system" but an exacerbation of
them in response to  unbalanced conditions of living.
The tumor itself is not cancer ,i believe that the creation of a tumor is
the last resort used by the body to maintain homeostasis and save its life ,
buying some time. The conditions that preclude to that state is the cancer ,
and no therapies are dealing with that,  Only a change of life style can
adress that and for good.
without a new reorientation of one's life , the tumor is most likely to
reappear.

 Such as I have. Such as I have to go have
>biopsies done soon for a likely recurrence.
>
>Do you advise me to sit back, relax, and enjoy, too? Shall I array myself
>under a tree, reclining on cool mosses as my body gets taken over, and
>painfully so, by cancer cells ( from me! my misbegotten ravening progeny!)
>Shall I relax and bask in the fulfilling of my role to redress the balance
>of nature?

I was talking about steping back to meditate on your place ,role , situation
in  relationship with the outside world so you can change that, ...
actively.
I am precisely advising not  to redress the balance of nature because nature
is constantly striving for it, that  is it's job, your job is to know where
is your place  in the web of life.and how to fulfill your function in it.
Take good care of that and everthing else will fall into place.
I am going to challenge you on the idea that you are victim of cancer cells
taking your body away.
I understand that it can seem that way to you but i don't believe it anymore
one minute.
i  am myself,    "struggling " for 19 years with a life threatening disease
that could have killed me 4 times. I used to like the idea that i was the
victime of something outside of me , now that i am more ready to take
responsibility for the conditions of my disease ,i can see and experience
changes.

>I don't think I will be able to accomplish this sitting back and relaxing.
>There are battles----maybe as you say they will not be won----.

In definitive the battle is against yourself , your old self! Know where you
are at,  so you can choose a different road. Stepping back is the only way i
know to do that.

the power of the mind is enormous . to give you an image , imagine the mind
as a projector projecting its perception of the world on a screen who
reflect back to it what it decided to experience.
Our tendancy is to forget that we are the creator of our reality ( the
projector) we focus on the screen,  getting caught and captivated by what is
going on there. When what we see is not owned and not liked  we want to
erase on the screen the unpleasant images instead of changing the movie
script inside the projector.
Thru forcefull battles to fix the consequences ,the manifestation of our
mistakes , we can manage for a while,  to  escape  the natural outcomes of
them . But sooner or later thoses mistakes will have to be adressed and
corrected at their sources.

The definition of insanity given by the 12 step program is : to do over and
over again the same things and expecting a different result. ( the
ethymology of sanity is related to  health,  whole, )

wish you well

jean-claude