C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:38:19 EDT
Folks,

Thanks for your kind condolences.  It wasn't that long ago that you were
offering expressions of sympathy over the loss of my Mom, was it?

Of all my animals, Astro and I had that "special bond."  I guess my screen
name is evidence of that.  I've tried to give them all the proper care, but
as far as I can tell this event was out of my hands.  There was either too
much internal damage or psychological stress -- or both -- for her to
survive.  Egg-binding is a serious occurrence.

As much as I feel that I've lost my little girl, she wasn't really mine.  She
was God's little girl (this is my belief which is based on Biblical
scripture; please know that I am not trying to push it on anyone).  I was
just entrusted with the stewardship of her care.

It hurts me that she's not with me now.  God Almighty, this hurts.  I will
miss her calling for me when I was out of the room, sitting on my shoulder
for much of each day, her little bird kisses, and her periodic crankiness
that was more comical to me than annoying (which made her even more cranky).
I will miss the way she offered me her little head so that I would "preen"
her crest feathers.  I will always appreciate that she was just as demanding
of me after I became disabled as before, and didn't cut me any slack.

I will always remember that she once laid an egg on my shoulder ("Here ya go
Mom!").

I will miss all of that and I will miss her little "Astro Bird love," but
above all I'm glad to have had the privilege of having her in my life at all.
 She filled my heart with joy and that, her most precious gift, will be
lasting.

Thank you once again for sharing your sympathy for my loss.  Your kindness
means a great deal to me.

Betty