C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sara lynn weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 17:56:26 -0400
Dear Linda, I need my Aid to help me into the tub. Because I can not even
lift my leg but just a little bit when I do not have the back pain. My  hips
are effected because of the CP. My plevis tilts. and right now the Dr. said
he can not do surgery yet because it is still tiliting. and he has to wait a
few more years until it finishes tilting. That is one of the problems thay
are finding that come with some people that are older with CP. I am 46 years
old. and my Dr. said my body acts like a 60 year old body as far as my bones
are concerned.  so I can not back in to a shower I do not have the blance.
Which I have never had. CP has caused me to have no blance at all. if you
just brush up a aganse me when I am on my crutches. I can fall. I only have
a aid 4 hours a day monday-friday. and sometimes when she is not here I have
to go to the bathroom. so that is why the shower does not work for me. and
as far as PT or OT  I have been throught that a many times. and the last
time was two years ago when I moved here to VA. and thay said there is no
more thay can do to help me with my mobility. becuse when it comes to
movment from my hips down. there is not a lot I can do as far as lifting my
legs. and now I have a lot of joint pain because of Aruthrise Burisi ( I
know that is not how you spell those words. but maby you can understand what
I am trying to say.) I am going to see my Dr. on Tuesday. and I will. I can
get dressed and into my bed ok. it is just I can not get in and out of a tud
with out help. and trying to set down low and swing my legs over is very
painful for me right now. I have tryed it and it really does hurt a lot. so
I have been just spongeing over with a wet wash rag. thanks for the idea
anyway. Lynn