From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:55:54 -0500
The 32 GB Maximum comes from a Bug in the Award BIOS.  When a drive larger
than 32 GB
is attempted to be autodetected, the detection hangs and you'll have to
reboot the computer.
The last version of Award Bios (6.0) should have the fix, if not you'll need
to contact
you motherboard manufacturer for a Bios update.

I had this problem with a previous motherboard, the newer motherboard I have
now (Abit BE-6 2), it
picked up my 36GB like a charm.( My HD manufactoer came with a warning of
this limitation when I purchased
it so you might want to check your HD documentation or website for futher
information).

--Patrick Black