Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:13:13 +1100
Hi Doug
 From what I understand once the computers up and running be it DOS or
windows the BIOS can be removed and replaced without a problem. just be
aware of the static risk and wear a strap. I also heard that you don't need
a identical machine, dunno how true that is tho. The procedure is as you
said, except I would go one step more and remove/replace your bios just to
free it up first. and check that all IC pins are straight. Good Luck and
Let us know how you go, I'm interested to hear the results.

cheers Dave Stevens

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html