"Paul A. Valentine" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:05:57 -0600
My computer has developed what I suspect is a hardware problem. When I push
the power button to turn it on, the power light comes on, the hard drive
light comes on, it immediately emits one long beeb, and two fast short
beeps, the cd-rom lights briefly as does the A drive and the cdrw drive. The
hard drive light stays on for about a minute, then goes off, but nothing
more happens. The display does not come on. If I turn it on manually, it is
not getting a signal. The only way to power it down is to pull the plug.
Sometimes if I hit reset it will start normally, and run normally. Today
that didn't work. I opened and closed both cd drives, then hit reset, and it
started????
Need help????
Thanks, Paul

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,