From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:51:57 -0500
On Thursday, January 04, 2001 6:53 AM, Amadeus Schmidt
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

> Norm, I'm starting to build a local database from USDA data
> ( I got from "wombn" ).
> Which program are you using? Could I have access to it?

I'm using the USDA database in Microsoft Access format.  Yes, you can have
access to it.  Go here and download the Access version of the database ...
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR13/dnload/sr13dnld.html

It's 4.8 MB, so it'll take about 20 minutes to download, with a 56 K modem.

> And what is RDI? 293 grams protein cannot be 63% of recommeded daily
intake,
> can it?

RDI is not a percentage; it's the number of units.  In the table that I
posted, both RDI and Total values represent the number of units shown in
the Units column.  They can be directly compared.  The RDI for protein, for
example, is 63 grams.

Norm