Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:08:55 -0700
GO  to the North .    Capture a Caribou---easier than you
think.   cut it open eat the fat.   Then come back here and
tell us how many days you ate fat from just one Caribou
until you could not eat any more!

Since your are a non-Northern person it will take you quite
a few days to eat that fat.  Even though you eat nothing
else.

It seems that speculation of fat in wild animals is just
silly on this list.

Will some of  you NEVER UNDERSTAND  THAT  Northern  Ice age
Animals Harbor  big slabs of  Fat in layers between other
items,   not  JUST  in the steaks.

> >Typically, farmed meat contains 2 to 5 times the amount
fat
> >found in wild game, and a disproportionately large amount
of
> >SFA.

YES    What you buy in the market has marbeled fat in the
Muscle.      Well;   GO  To New Zealand  or Canada where it
is legal to buy various species of wild Deer.   Butcher one.
You may be astonished to discover that a healthy animal  has
several layers of  FAT    Yes! FAT   that is simply between
otlher layers of skin and muscle or between organs and
muscle.

Maybe African Animals are skinny,   I doubt it.

 > As Drs. Eades point out in "The Protein Power Lifeplan",
the first half of this
> statement is an erroneous conclusion.   Farmed meat
contains more fat than the
> steaks and filets of wild game.    BUT, paleo man ate the
whole carcass,
> including all the high-fat organs of the game as well,
resulting in a large
> percentage of fat in the diet.

THERE  ARE BIG SLABS OF FAT  IN A WILD DEER!    A   Moose is
an Ice age Animal.  An Elk is an Ice Age Animal.    Deer
live close to many Glaciers.

 Do you think that fat  just got there in the last few
years.?

Come to Wyoming,  You can buy a (No-Horns ) Antelope Permit
for about $30.   Pick  out one that looks fat.    Cut it up,
build a fire.  Roast parts of it over the open fire.  Eat.
Then tell me that you do not have fat sticking to the inside
of your mouth just as if you had roasted a sheep.  BUT
please weigh the slabs of  Fat that you did not eat.  Just
pure slabs of Fat.  Then  explain that there may not be as
much fat in the muscle but there is a lot of just plain fat.

Then come back to this list and report.      Explain to us
that the USDA published a report on how much fat was in the
muscle meat;  but some how missed the amount of fat between
the muscles  as we conventionally do not eat it.

Please speak from your own experience on ice age animals as
they have not changed.  They still live next to the ice and
you can harvest one and measure the fat.

A Moose or Elk will cost $500  to $5000  but it will be a
wild ice age Animal and you can specify that you wish to
shoot it from a snowfield or a glacier-- the Guide service
will be able to comply!

  Yours ,  In favor of simple factual truth,

Lorenzo