NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:03:10 -0400
It sounds like keratosis pilaris.  It's a condition where the skin around
the hair follicles doesn't shed as it should.  Check out these sites:

http://www.reddingdermatology.com/keratosispilaris.htm
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/9609/htm/bump_qa.htm
http://www.drkoop.com/conditions/ency/article/001462.htm

It's not milk or diet related, just genetics.  The only treatments are
those that help the skin shed more easily...AmLactin or LacHydrin (check
the lactic acid source if you know he has a milk allergy), glycolic acid
products, and salicylic acid products (Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment).