C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:34:01 -0500
Betty,
    Going through the museum yourself, before you take Chris sounds like a
good idea. You might also consider inviting his parents or guardians to
accompany you two on this particular excursion.  I know that teenagers
typically resist going places with their parents and that the opportunity to
spend time with a caring, interested adult who is not his parent is probably
an important element of your friendship. Nevertheless, it might be worth
suggesting to him that you ask them to come along.  Their presence,
hopefully, would provide additional support as he processes the emotional
reactions that a visit to this particular museum will probably elicit
                    Susan