C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:31:00 -0400
No.  I don't think I miss her.  She lives too much with me, part
memories, part wise cat instructions for the present.  My grief comes in
unexpected moments, dreams, when my attention wavers, when I write to
inform the past.  Time heals, compels today and tomorrow.  I honor the
dead by letting them go as much as possible.

I am after all heading to where I'm going whether or not I want.

Nonetheless, thank you.  I did love the fur ball.  Although that file
tongue working over a spot on my chest at a weird dark morning hour did
not always find me endowed with patience.  She needed far more than nine
lives to survive as long as she did.  I do not always edit my behavior
as I frequently do my writing.  ;-)

You and Bobby stirred my nostalgia and briefly exposed a softer side.
Not to worry, these lapses don't last.

S.