C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:24:31 +0100
On Sunday 22 October 2000 11:46 pm, you wrote:
> In a message dated 10/20/2000 8:22:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> > We have five dedicated Discovery channels-health, children, and Wings(my
> >  favs), food and excercise. Also I like the History plus HBO and
> > Showtime.
> >
> >  Bobby
>
> Wings as in "Wings of the Luftwaffe," etc. or the sit com?
>
> Betty
> aut viam inveniam aut faciam
> "I will either find a way or make one."

Discovery Wings is all about aviation (history, etc), time shares with
Discovery Kids in the UK.

Over here we get "Digital Terrestrial" television. This is a "wide screen"
signal (TVs aren't square!!) of about 45 channels. About 90% of output from
the main channels are captioned (including live programs) - a growing number
are "signed" as well. I watched a film "Princess Carabou" this afternoon
which had a chap signing in th border of the wide screen (so if you switched
to normal 4:3 aspect he was barely visible - a neat idea).

About 10 of the channels are free, most of the rest I pay 10 pound a month
for. 8 more are classed as premium (sports, films, porn) of these I pay 6
pound for "Film Four" (which shows European, Asian, and US Independents
films). 5 are "pay per view" (hollywood blockbusters).

Cheers

Deri