C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sara lynn weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 01:21:54 -0400
Dear Stephen, I am doing a lot better now. I am in therapy for my abuse. and I
can talk about some of the abuse now. but some of it is still raw to me right
now. Like the memories of my dad hiteing me wiht a balt buckle on my bare
bottom.   My uncle raped me 3 or 4 times a week from 1959 to 1961. He lived with
us then. and back then children did not know what rape ment or the difference
between bad touching and good touching. and in south carolina children that had
CP  were not allow in public school. and so I had to stay home with my uncle for
8 hours a day mon.-fri. while my brothers and parents were in school and work.
and my uncle said if I said anything my parents would punish me and so would he.
and it was my fault that he raped me becuase I had twisted feet and legs. and I
bleaved him. I could go on and on, about the many things he did to me. and what
my parents and brotheres did to me. but I thank you get the idea I can talk
about some of the abuse now. and I know I will be able to talk about more of it
as my therapy goes on. A friend of mine is trying to get me to write a book
about my abuse. and I am thanking about doing that in the future. my friend is a
therapist in south carolina. and we keep in touch by phone and computer.  and
she said she would help me write the book. because she specializes in treating
children that have been abused.  thanks for your support. Lynn