C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:18:20 EDT
Well, today was my ISP meeting, and what that is, is every month at my staff
meeting, we go over my ISP, (individual support plan) and AND if things need
changing, how I am getting on w/ my helpers, etc.  Today my Regional Center
caseworker was supposed to come after the staff meeting. Well, she got lost
driving around, and was one hour late, then she talked to us for 1.5 hours.
I was exhausted.  I couldn't get anything done today, like make dentist,
hearing aid, or glasses appointments.

Anyway the RC worker is from Russia, she speaks very well, but on the phone
she speaks one word a minute.

Anyway, she kept referring to my place as a "facility," and my helper Tami
repeatedly corrected her, and on other things. And I'm like thinking RC needs
to train its people a lot better!  Is that what You do, Gary? Eh?