C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:43:29 -0400
Hi Gordon,

I think you're right.  But I've been on the earth 40 years, and by now I've come
to know pretty much which things I truly cannot do, and which ones I can,
probably a different way than a 'normal' human - but I get it done, just the
same.  The ones I 'can't' seem to do, are the smallest (and sometimes
stupidest), things that any 'normal' person would scoff at.  In other words, the
other night I found myself in a "night club" setting, which I'd never been in,
and I felt powerless to move.  I found just how bad I am, in a darkened room.  I
had to have two people walk on each side of me going in and out.  Anyone that
saw me probably thought I was drunk.  It's the little stupid things in life that
really bug me...........

See ya
Beth

--