AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shem Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 12:46:04 -0500
Dear AAM Readers,
I sent a posting thanking Mr. Ike,  the gentleman who has been keeping
us abreast with the soccer scores at the World Youth Soccer Competition
in Nigeria. For some strange reason that posting never appeared online!
I repeat Mr. Ike thanks for all the good information.

The Hollier than thou attitude of  Foreign Coaches and the World press
who think they are too good to play in Africa makes me sick!  I say wake
up! Africa has already established herself as a power house in World
Soccer as evidenced by the performance of her youth. It's only a matter
of time!
The weather in Brazil is as Humid and hot as that of Nigeria! I don't
quite understand what the loosers are complaining about!! At least
courtesy teaches that one be a sportsman, and be gracious even in
defeat. Blaming Africa for their loses? Where did they think they were
going? Greenland? Come on!
Even though Ghana and Nigeria have dominated WORLD Youth Soccer for the
90's very very little publicity has been given to the success of Africa
in this arena of world sports!

Shame on the powers that be whose only desire to to see misery from
Africa but not success! Be prepared folks the 21st century is Africas'
Renaissance! If we survived the rift valleys of East Africa,  the Black
Man was first here and will still be here when all is said and DONE!
Long Live Africa And Africans!
Kwadzo.