AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Weller, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:28:13 -0600
I am sending this sad news for and un-behalf of Richard Yarl, the president
of AAM.

Hello, Friends.

I regret and it is saddened to inform you
that David Olson passed away on Sunday,
January 3, 1999.  He died suddenly from an
apparent heart attack here in Madison,
Wisconsin.

David, an American, was a very committed,
devoted, caring and meaningfully contributing
member of the African Association of Madison, Inc.
He served two terms as Treasurer on the Association's
1997 and 1998 Executive Committees respectively.
His surviving wife Agnes, from the Republic of Congo,
formerly Zaire, is a very staunch member of both the
AAM and the African Women's Association (AWA) here in
Madison, Wisconsin.

Talking about VOLUNTEERISM, AAM has lost David, a great
resource and an example to emulate.  Yes, we will miss
him dearly.

The Executive Committee of the African Association of
Madison, Inc. will keep you updated on plans regarding
funeral and interment (burial).

Meanwhile, please join me in extending our heartfelt
sympathy to the bereaved family of the late David Olson's.
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE!

Regrettably,

Richard Yarl

President, AAM