AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:44:35 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

From:  Victor Villacrez <[log in to unmask]> 03/11/04 08:52PM

Latinos at the Table of Change Annual Meeting of Members
Everyone is Welcome!
Please Join the Board of Directors and Staff of Centro Hispano
for our Annual Meeting of Members.

Thursday April 1, 2004

Sheraton Hotel
706 John Nolan Drive
Madison Wisconsin

5:00 Social Hour.

6:00 Presentation by Centro Hispano.

6:30 Presentation by the City of Madison, The South Madison

     Neighborhood Plan.

7:00 Election of Board of Director from membership at large.

7:15 Adjournment

     I invite all to participate in Centro Hispano's election of board
members, if interested in becoming a board member, please contact
Glorily Lopez via email at [log in to unmask]

      If you wish to be involved in the election process the night of
our Annual Meeting, it is first required to become a member of Centro
Hispano. To become a member, please contact Centro Hispano at (608)
255-3018.  You can also become a member at the Annual Meeting.

     Along with a presentation by staff on the current conditions of
Centro Hispano, we have asked the City of Madison's Department of
Planning and Development to present the south side neighborhood plan
because as leaders in the community it is our responsibility that Latino
issues are conveyed and feedback is given to city planners before this
important Neighborhood Plan is adopted by the Common Council. Several
million dollars are scheduled to be invested into south Madison and it
is the notion of Centro Hispano's leadership that Latinos warrant a
place in that decision making process, the "table".

      With the federal grant of $100,00 for facility growth and as
Centro Hispano plans its future, it is important that needs are assessed
and priorities set. Currently we are undertaking a strategic initiative
that will result in a stronger agency with more capacity to provide
services.

     Please feel free to express your ideas with staff and board
members. We need your valued input and continued support. We also thank
everyone for the help that has been given to Centro Hispano over the
past year.

We look forward to seeing you,

Thank you

Sincerely,

Victor Villacrez
Chair-Board of Directors, Centro Hispano of Dane County

.