AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:37:38 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

From: Leila Pine <[log in to unmask]> 01/05/04 10:13PM >

REMINDER:  RACE AND EDUCATION CONFERENCE Planning Task Force will meet
at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 8
(contact Leila at [log in to unmask] or 233-5566 for directions)

The Madison Area Family Advisory/Advocacy Council (MAFAAC) is planning
its second annual "Race and Education: Closing the Achievement Gap"
Conference for Saturday, April 24, at Wright Middle School.

We need help on every aspect of planning and communications for the
multicultural conference, which is geared at parents of students of
color in the Madison public schools, as well as educators and
education
activists who want to close the achievement gap for students of color.

We encourage new volunteers to help us make this conference even
better
than last year's.  We will need help with contacting speakers,
planning
workshops, registration, childcare, food, set-up and logistics,
Spanish/English and Hmong/English interpreters and translators, and
many
other aspects of conference planning.  Please let us know if you can
help.