AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Braunginn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:14:21 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Community Discussions on Race and Diversity
Presented by the Urban League of Greater Madison and Wisconsin Public Television

Juvenile Justice
Tuesday, December 2 at 7 PM
Catholic Multicultural Center
1862 Beld St. (off of South Park Street, just north of the Walgreens)

It's a fact: Some youth who commit serious crimes are sent to juvenile courts while other youth are tried as adults. Frontline Juvenile Justice attempts to discover how and why this happens. We'll watch the documentary, observing how the criminal justice system of Santa Clara, CA handles the cases of four kids, and then move into a facilitated discussion about how youth are treated in Wisconsin.

If you are concerned with disproportionate minority confinement in our juvenile and adult justice systems, then come to this, the last in our series of It's Not Just Black and White: Community Discussions on Race and Diversity, a collaboration of the Urban League of Greater Madison and Wisconsin Public Television. PBS, the place to watch and grow. Join us and learn.

PS Forgive me for not having the correct subject listed in the subject line of this email message.

Stephen H. Braunginn
President/CEO
Urban League of Greater Madison
251-8550