AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Brewoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:55:13 -0600
Mathew,

Like Alex said I don't get your analysis and it appears you
just want to write something for the sake of writing. What
is your problem with the performance of the UN
Secretary-General.

Manna would never fall from heaven and Africa and Africans
need to realize that and take our own destiny into our
hands. Kofi Annan has initiated a lot of programs in Africa
to alleviate the woes of the continent. Recent issues like
the Bakasi Peninsula, Angola, DRCongo crises and a host of
them come to mind.

What do you want him to do for Africa?? Force for more
IMF/World Bank loans for Africa???? Yeah, yeah, they are
the very ones that are killing the initiatives in Africa,
so beware!!!

Do you think Nobel prizes are just given just for the sake
of wanting some recipients to occupy the annals of the
Nobel Foundation???

Give us solid analytical approach to issues and lets get
your critiques properly.

And where is the brightness in comparison to Kwame Nkrumah
comes in. So you think we all need to be freedom fighters
or rebel radicals fighting for whatever justification we
claim to be fighting for, to be assessed bright? That was
off the line.

Making a comparison of two different individuals under
different circumstances is a misjudgment.

Kofi Annan runs a peaceful organization that can never go
to war but Kwame Nkrumah was a political leader fighting
for the independence of his beloved country, so I bet you
now see the difference!!

Diplomacy and radicalism are not bed mates but they can
work together.

Yes Kofi Annan is a Statesman and the World's eminent Peace
broker and Diplomat.

Check the PBS website on Kofi Annan and give us your
impressions and analytical comments.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Joe