AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:56:08 -0500
From: SHELDON ELLESTAD <[log in to unmask]> 08/21/00 09:55AM

Good morning everyone:

What a great event the AFRICA FEST 2000 provided for folks in
Dane County this past saturday!  I really enjoyed seeing  the
costumes and hearing the music, the drums and the dances.  It
was my chance to visit Africa without leaving Wisconsin.  If you
were not there you missed a great opportunity.

I was invited by a great group of folks from the African Association
of Madison who had done a great job of volunteering as a team at
the recent Wisconsin Public Television's pledge drive. They made
me feel welcome, and I learned a lot and had some delicious food.
And the many vendors offering crafts, clothing and more added
spice to the event.

I am encouraging all my friends to be sure and attend next year.
Thanks to the African Association of Madison, and all who made it
a great event for everyone to enjoy.

Shel Ellestad
volunteer manager, Wisconsin Public Television