AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:49:21 -0500
 Hello, Fellow Africans and Friends of Africa.

AFRICA FEST 2000,  A THIRD CHAPTER ADDED.

 AFRICA FEST 2000 was a great success Sat. August 19.

 Yes, we did it again!  I mean, honestly, the time, effort and all other
 resources invested paid off in many folds. For those of you who did
 not make it for one reason or the other, please plan for AFRICA FEST
 2001.  It will be bigger and better.

 AAM TOOK THE MADISON COMMUNITY INTO THE NEW MILLENNIUM
 WITH AFRICAN 'CULTURAL LINKS' BIG, BIG TIME

 My hat goes off to all the volunteers who assisted with planning
and/or  implementation process of the successful AFRICA FEST 2000,
some whose names are inadvertently omitted from the following list :

 Pierre-Claver & Elinor Gbedey, Adelaide Fiske, Abou Bakarr Amara, Godwin
Amegashie, Ibrahim Lasisi, Ray Kumapayi,  Brigitte Gnoumou, Richard Yarl,
Abu-Hassan Koroma, Ken Nwankwo, Sonia Valle, Leslie Busby, Joe Brewoo,
Koso Weller, Sylvester Offor, Dr. Ralph Osakwe, Aggo Akyea, Sonia Valle  and
Kevin  & Famata Soko.

 A big thank you to all the performers, artists, vendors, exhibitors and
demonstrators whose participation made this year's event very heart warming.

 Most importantly, especially, my heartfelt thanks to our Grant, Corporate
and Inidividual sponsors.without whose financial sponsorship AFRICA FEST
2000 would not have happened.  AFRICAN STUDIES DEPARTMENT OF THE U.W-MADISON,
THANK YOU.

All of you were truly the makers of the THIRD CHAPTER of AAM's history.
You were fantastic.  As I have always said, " If you do not do it by
yourself as Africans,  nobody will do it for you."

 Cheers, God bless AFRICA FEST, AAM, Africans and Friends of Africa!

 Ademola Iyi-Eweka
President, AAM
Tel:608-833-8248