AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adelaide Fiske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:01:33 -0600
Aggo, thanks for that observation it is important.

Adelaide Fiske

>>> "E. Aggo Akyea" <[log in to unmask]> 12/01/99 04:49AM >>>
Thank God for University of Wisconsin which strives to educate and graduate
its athletes.  I have read thousands of written words, heard thousands more
on radio and seen countless stories on Ron Dayne on TV and not once did I
see or read or hear anything about his schooling here at the University.  I
remember when Ron Dayne was first drafted the news papers trumpeted every
minute detail about his athletic prowess down to the dimensions of his
thighs to how fast he could do the 50-yard dash.

Maybe I am the only naive one thinking that the athletic scholarship was a
great opportunity for minority and poor students to get a good education.

Thanks for the information.