Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:39:07 -0600
>Pemmican was an emergency food of the native americans,
>used for for travelling and shortages.
>Or not?

No; travelling isn't an emergency.  It's a neccesity.  Pemmican is what
Indians took along for the ride.  And food shortages are pretty much par of
the course, whether you're talking a tribal people running low on game and
plants or a soccer mom almost out of groceries.  Early people found ways to
eat some now and save some for later; soccer mom's buy big refrigerators.
Same sh*t, different millenium.

>It wasn't a staple and shouldn't be a staple, I think.

Good thing they had it or they'd all be dead by now.  Or would that be best,
since you think they shouldn't have eaten it?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO