Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:04:53 -0600
At 08:24 AM 4/20/01 -0600, Dori Zook wrote:
>>Obesity is not the problem, it is another symptom, like heart attacks >are,
>>of the problem.
>
>My question is when, if EVER, the medical establishment will treat the root
>cause and quit sustaining lives filled with controlled problems. Here's an
>idea - find a cure!  End the problems!  Nip it in the bud!

My theory is that our current state of affairs is more a symptom of the
"industrial age" mindset.  It's the old "can't see the forest for the
trees" concept...  our health educators, for the most part, emphasize
looking at everything in terms of pieces, rather than at the whole.  I
think it'll take a change in paradigm that views humans (and everything
else, for that matter) as whole beings and as parts of their ecosystem.

I also think the pendulum has started the swing, but still has a long way
to go.

Dianne