C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:36:58 EDT
Kristina,

My son got a Hart Walker this past June.  Previously, he used a Pony Gait
Trainer, which was great for mobility for him, but not so great for his
posture and gait.  The Hart Walker has been amazing.  He is involved
everywhere, so walkers requiring the use of arms and hands were out of the
question.  He is able to get around very well in it, and has just learned to
steer it pretty well.  He is able to stand in front of the computer and use a
touchscreen much better than he can in a seated position.  The team that
fitted him for the walker will be coming to Virginia November 10 through
November 12.  They are up in Canada, but come down here every couple of
months because we have a group of kids here who have Hart Walkers.  If you
are close enough and are interested, e-mail me and I'll give you more
information.  You can see my son in his four wheel version and another child
in her two wheel version at the following:

http://cpnofva.homestead.com/files/stefan.jpg
http://cpnofva.homestead.com/files/Sarah.jpg

Kimberlee, mom to Stefan (almost 3, CP) and Alex (7)