AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:10:24 +0000
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

My friends, Hispanic is ethnicity not a race, while black, white,
Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Asian etc are all races. So you can be black or
white and yet hispanic. The new census classifications are more troubling-
you can say dilute the races more. The format allows you to check as many
races as you like to be applicable to you, plus, if you like ethnicity. The
primary races are tabulated first then the next table is individuals that
checked  2 races, 3 races, 5 or more races etc. So, as more people check
multiple races, primary races will be de-emphasized.