Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:40:38 -0500

From: [log in to unmask]
Great GFCF Chili recipe

I usually omit the Hot paprika or use regular and omit the crushed red
pepper and substitute ground beef for ground turkey when making for the kids
(it's great spicy if you can tolerate!)  It's usually a little work the
first time, but I whip it up quickly now.  You can kind of wing it and it
will still turn out great.

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
2 med sized garlic gloves, crushed
1 Tbsp hot paprika
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 lb ground turkey
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 c dry red wine (I substitute water when making gluten-free, casein-free)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp dried leaf oregano
2 tsp dried leaf basil
2 tsp dried leaf savory (or ground)
1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
2 bay leaves
2 tsp salt (I use sea salt for corn free)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
any beans if you like

In a large saucepan, heat oil over med heat. Add onions, garlic, paprika,
red pepper, cumin and coriander and saute 2-3 minutes.  Add turkey or ground
beef, mushrooms and increase heat to high and saute until meat is no longer
pink, 7-10 min, stir to break up big chunks.  Stir in remaining ingredients
except beans.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briskly, stirring
occasionally until mixture is fairly thick, but still liquid(about 1 - 1/4
hours) Add beans and simmer about 15 min more.  Makes 4-6 servings.

Enjoy!

Kim