Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:33:52 -0500

Off GFCFRecipes
From: "Joyce" <[log in to unmask]>
Sorghum pancakes

Wanted to post my pancake recipe that I used this morning. I came up with
this combination out of being somewhat lazy, but my family loved them. My
boys were eating them faster than I was able to make them. Joey (6) even was
eating them without syrup. I only had a 1/2 mixed of my sorghum blend so I
went from there. (That is what I meant by lazy.)

Play around, I will too. I'll let you know if I come up with a different or
even better version, but I would put this one up against my old gluten
pancakes anyday. I think these might actually be even better. ;-)

My sorghum blend is 2 cups sorghum, 2/3 cup arrow root, 1/3 cup tapioca.
(I sift this together into my sorghum blend container)

In bowl mix:

1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup sorghum blend
1 1/2 TBLS. sugar
1 teas. xanthum gum
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt

In another bowl:
beat 1 egg
add 2 TBLS. oil
1 cup cf milk
1 TBL. lemon juice (I have used 1/2 teas. vitamin C crystals instead)

Mix egg mixture into dry mixture.  Make sure your pancake grill is nice and
hot before you pour your batter on the grill. They will be flat if you don't
heat your grill enough.

I hope this helps those of you looking for sorghum recipes.
hugs, Joyce