From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:50:08 -0700

What a fantastic group we have! I have been flooded with people
providing me with info about where to eat and stay when visiting San
Diego. Here are some of the suggestions:

Howie stayed at Marriott Residence Inn in Kearney Mesa. He said it was
like a home away from home, with a full kitchen to cook many of his
meals. He and his wife made a run to Whole Foods and bought some gf
items while they were there. When he ate out, he recommended Anthony's
On the Wharf and The 94th AeroSquadron.

Danna, who lives in San Diego, was a huge source of information. I can't
thank her enough!  She said that most foods in San Diego are grilled,
especially seafood, opposed to breaded and deep fried. The In-in-Out
Burger is a good kid-friendly place. They actually have a protein-style
burger with a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. She also suggested areas to
try and find hotels, listing Mission Bay, Shelter Island, Point Loma,
and the coastal cities of Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad and
Oceanside. The Best Western in Encinitas have kitchens and "the most
incredible views of the ocean."

From other listmates, I have more suggestions on restaurants and a
hotel. Taste of China, Balboa & Genesse, Blue Point Coastal Cuisine, and
a restaurant that is located in Horton Plaza on the top floor, across
from Nordstrom. They were not sure on the name of this place, but said
it had a super seafood and polenta dish. One person stayed at the
Sheraton Hotel and Marina, and highly recommended the restaurant there.

Thanks again for all the help!

Christie in TX