From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:21:37 -0400

Listmates...

Here's a response to my summary on Macrobid

Mildie O.

Hi, Sorry I missed your original post regarding Macrobid.  I have UT
infections periodically, over the years my primary, or doctor at urgent
care would prescribe sufa drugs for the infection, however if they did
help (which was not always the case) the UT would repeat itself very
quickly.  Finally, my primary decided that I needed the Macrobid which I
have been using off and on now for some years, and has also instructed me
to request Macrobid, if she happens to be off duty when I need to have a
new prescription.  I now have a standing prescription, so that I do have
to wait until I am in such severe pain before I start treatment, when the
UT starts.  My primary also always insists on a "Clean Catch sample" of
urine which is tested, in most instances, they do find e-coli in the
sample which seems to be the cause of my problem.  My primary always says
is it the "close plumbing, in the female structure, which adds to my
problems", this plus times when loose bowels become a problem contribute
to the problem also.  To deal with this aspect do use baby wipes, which
miniumize the possibility of causing an infection.  These infections all
started about 10 years ago, after I  had contacted Giardia.  Also realize
that since I am a senior citizen things have changed, but thankfully
Macrobid has been very helpful for me.