From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:45:55 -0700

    My pharmacist, bless his little heart, gave me the following
suggestion when we were trying to figurte out what was going on with me,
prior to a celiac diagnosis.  I was having all kinds of reactions to
meds.

He told me to take a pill, crush it and place it in the crook of my arm,
covering it with a damp bandage.  I was to wait an hour, remove it and
examine the skin for welts, rashes etc.  I lasted ten min with
glucophage before I tore the bandage off.  The arm looked like I had
been attacked by bees.  The pharmacist suggested that periodically one
should do this with meds to see if an allergy has built up.  He does
this with his own father.

If you are using capsules, just remove the contents and proceed as
above.

Ann