Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:40:18 -0700
From:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All:

I would like to add to the information posted regarding McCormick's.

Their website is: http://www.mccormick.com/

I had a detailed phone conversation with a customer representative at
1-800-632-5847 yesterday.  She was most helpful and knew what she was talking
about regarding GF, casein-free etc etc.  Wish other mfg were like this in
training their staff and in being careful and aware of food allergies and
intolerances.

Briefly, the additional information is as follows:

1.  They are very clear about all ingredients listing.  When no ingredient is
listed, it is a pure spice (e.g., a picture of whole black pepper on the
bottle is depicting the same product with nothing else in it).

2.  When they state maltodextrin, the source is either corn or potato.  This
is a part of the company specifications.  If there is wheat starch at all, it
will be stated on the ingredient list.

3.  All their extracts are GF as they use synthetic alcohol.

I was encouraged to call them for help.

Tina Walia
California, USA