From:
George and Becky Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:49:25 -0800

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post trying to find a corn free
margarine.  Here is a summary of the answers:

Becky

_________________

Shedd's Willow Run

__________________

Hain's Safflower margarine

__________________

I use Nucoa margerine which is corn and dairy free.

_____________________

Try Smart Squeeze. It has no transfatty acids and is g/f. It is a liquid
marg and is corn free.

______________________

Here's two that are GF and lactose-free and appear to me to be
corn-free, but you'd have to verify that with the manufacturer:  CANOLEO
(canola oil) and  NUCOA (soybean). Nucoa is dairy free, indictated by
the Kosher Pareve symbol. Nucoa comes in sticks. Canoleo in a tub.

______________________________

Have you considered "ghee?"  It is used by Indians (not native) and has
the giladin(sp) removed.  There's lots of reference to it in the
archives.  It's something like clarified butter.  I thought I was
lactose intolerant, but finally realized it was that ingredient in
butter.  I just love finally getting to use butter again.

___________________________

I use butter, w/ lactaid pills

______________________

I get Ghee from WHOLE FOODS here in the Dallas metroplex, however, if
you can't find it Whole Foods has a site on the Internet where you could order.

 Fleischmann's squeeze light margarine. Call them at 800-988-7808 for
their most up-to-date info

I use coconut oil or olive oil depending on the taste and texture I
want. I can't have gluten, corn, soy or dairy - so this was my solution.
In baking I use coconut oil (which is solid at room temp.) in recipes
calling for butter or shortening, and olive oil for recipes calling for
liquid fats.