From:
Kevin & Pat Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:08:03 -0400

Hi to all,

I have been making one of Bette Hagman's gf, yeast free, dairy free
breads.  I am using garfava, sorghum, arrowroot, xantham gum, and
tapioca flour.  I don't have any problems with it, but my husband is
getting a lot of gas from it.  He has to be free of the above mentioned
foods and several other foods like corn and potato so I want to keep
using the "bean" flours.  Has anyone else had this "gas" problem and if
so, what did you do to rectify it?  Is it just the garfava flour and
xantham gum that cause the gas?  Does sorghum cause gas?  I could try
making the bread by leaving out the garfava flour (or by decreasing it
by 1/2 and slowly increasing it) and increasing the other flours????
What do you think?

Is this something that his body will adjust to over time??....should he
eat a little bit "every" day until he adjusts.  We don't want to use any
over the counter solutions for this....only natural solutions.
Thanks, I will summarize..........

Pat in USA