From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 05:53:36 EST

Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I'm a new member and just made it through the log files for
>>the past three months.  Wheew!  But worth it.  I have the following
>>comments to make on what I've read:

Don, as one of the listowners, I want to thank you for taking the time to read
the prior logs (to avoid asking the list members to answer the same questions
again), and for collecting your comments to share with the whole list.  There
is a wealth of information which has already been covered, and new members are
urged to review it.  Even more important is that new members may read something
which they disagree with, and they may have some valuable information to
contribute to everyone -- Don, your info on lime water in tortillas, and
possible weed wheat contamination in buckwheat was the first time I had heard
of these items, and was much appreciated.

To remind everyone, it is easy to get prior logs. Send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the body of the email being:
       get celiac logXXYY
where XX is the year and YY is the month (this January is log9501). You can
string together commands for several months in one email, as long as each
command is on a seperate line. There is no space between "log" and "XXYY".
Partial month's logs are delivered with up-to-the-minute completness, and are
especially useful for new list subscribers, since they reveal current
discussion threads. The first log is log9411.

Don, as to your suggestion that we have a seperate recipe category on this
list, Mike Jones, another listowner (the one who contributes more of his time
to this list than the rest of us listowners combined) is working on this exact
idea and will announce his plan shortly.  We would like to set it up so that
each list member can elect whether to receive recipes or not. The default will
probably be to receive everything.  Mike is also working on an FAQ and other
reference files, but these take much more time.

Bill Elkus