Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:55:45 -0800
From:

Those who are interested in the oat controversy might be interested in this
article:

Oats produce no adverse immunologic effects in patients with celiac disease
Consumption of oats produces no adverse effects on autoantibody or
intraepithelial lymphocyte levels in patients with celiac disease,
researchers in Finland report.
   http://gastroenterology.medscape.com/18730.rhtml

Of course, as usual they do not state whether they used "pure" oats, or the
same oats from the market place that we have access to. Most probably pure
specially grown oats.

They conclude after the study that celiac can eat small amounts of oats
with impunity. But they also warn that it would not be wise yet to eat oats
steadily or in large amounts until further studies are done. -vance

I ain't gonna try 'em again yet. Of course Mares Eat Oats, and Does eat
oats, but little lambs (like us) eat ivy :) I suppose only the old raisins
like me will understand that one.