From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:50:43 -0700
The external HD would be my recommendation as well.  I think it should be
pointed out, however, that you can get the enclosures in a form that runs
off the parallel port as well.  They are a little slower because the
transfer rate is less.  I don't know about the cost differential, but I
thought it worth mentioning.

Also, I would consider purchasing an imaging program like Ghost or
Powerquest Disk Image, and image your system rather than do a straight
backup.  It will work faster, and should you need to do a full restore, it
will be simpler.  It will also take up less space on the external drive,
leaving more room for extra data.

Hope this helps

Kyle