C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:44:15 +0100
--- Sandy Goodwick <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
Gordon,

> I can totally  relate to the openness thing.
> TOTALLY.  That's why, after
> painfully working through what *I* could work
> through on ME re: Moebius,

PS - can somone slap me for being stupid.. :-)

Is 'Moebius' a form of CP - or seperate ?

I dont know what - exactly ive got - (I could ask my
mom) - but all i know is its Cerebral Palsey & ive
only ever used that word/phrase.

<cut>

>  But they (unless
> they have the disability themselves) cannot
> understand the thoughts and
> feelings which accompany a particular disability.
> Sure, there are those
> well-meaning adults who research this stuff and
> write about it, but I wonder
> if they catch "it ALL"?  Have you ever read anything
> by a non-cp person who
> truly has caught the essence of your experience in
> their writing?

Nope - but then (everyone - take note :- )

Ive never read 'disability' books etc.. - & once i was
out of the school system, (there was other disabled
people / students there), I tried my best to AVOID any
kind of groups etc.. for disabled / CP adults..

I was already "closed" all during school - However I
am always happy - but i didnt really "connect" with
anyone.

Anyway - I did pretty well for myself - got myself a
job, found 5 - 10 (ive lost count) flats / houses to
rent - etc..

However during it all - ever since i left London in
83, Ive never "connected" well with people - although
ive got hundreds of friends..

People read the cover - But can they get into the
middle of a book to see whjat its really like ? -
nope.
(unless theyve been there themselves).

Gordon.
(opening up with each message).

=====
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
My ICQ number is :- 83440115 http://www.icq.com
gordonistewart_nz (at) hotmail (dot) com