C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:55:45 -0400
well, looking forward to a family vacation that has taken me years to
arrange and only announced a little over a year ago. in the seventy's, yes
the seventies, i got in a frequent flyers org. i played all the switch the
phone companys games (switch at the drop of a hat), put in the little bit
from hotels and rental cars for miles. very little flying since we are not
allowed to use mileage from job travel and i do very little flying
personally, i got enough mileage to get free tickets to hiwaii. we have been
saving (even the kids have a hawaii fund) 1 1/2 years. rebates, coupon
savings, profit on a few hobby related sales ect... to cover our other
expenses and we go in june. the reason i never promised that i could attend
a trip to kansas city when this group was discussing a get together.
   two months away and the whole family is getting up for it. evevyone is
"oh hawaii, must be nice" but, they do not know how hard it was for a less
than wealthy family to put this together.
   i may be going to the washington area in may. but, again it is set in
jello not concrete. i'll wait and see, there is talk of new york too. who
knows, probably they'll work it out to do this in atlanta and keep from
paying travel expenses. it is okay if i have to add 3 hours to my day
because of where the work will be located as long as they save the money.
   i guess we are all okay. getting older and sorer in the joints.
i'll not make this any longer