BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:56:47 EST
In a message dated 01/09/2001 10:50:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Does anyone know what would be the most appropriate filler for in between
 wide planks floor boards? >>

I can't wait to hear this answer!  Twenty years ago our high-end GC put in
maybe $1200 of new maple into our kitchen, onto which we then laid maybe
$20,000 in perfectly designed and made retro-oak cabinets - I mean, these
were line for line from the originals.   About a month after the cabinets
were installed, the maple floor boards shrank, yielding a yawning 1/8" per
board!  The GC kindly offered to relay the floor - but not, of course, remove
and reinstall the cabinets.

The gaps did get filled ... with formula, mashed carrots, rice krispies and
cat throw-up - as far as I know, Rob, that's working pretty well - but you'll
have to work on the color.

Sign me,  Bullet Hole