From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:41:51 -0800
Actually, I just had a similar problem at work yesterday.  The culprit was a
bad zip drive.  The machine would go through a normal post, but as soon as
it got to the point where it would normally load the operating system, it
froze with a blinking cursor in the upper left-hand corner.  As soon as I
disconnected the zip drive the system would boot.

The wierd thing was, I shut the system down and reconnected the drive, and
it would boot fine after that.  The zip was definitely the culprit.
Stranger things have happened.

Regards,

Kyle Elmblade