Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:05:58 -0400
<<I've seen them -- it just seems like quack science to me.
See
        http://www.dfst.csiro.au/micwave1.htm>>

I have.  So you are placing your trust in the PR presentation of a company
that makes its money selling food it has created to wholesalers?   Wow.  The
source doesn't concern you?

Below is the info found under 'ABOUT' on the company that has written the
article on microwave safety.

 ABOUT     CAPABILITIES     SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES     WHAT'S ON
CONTACT    SEARCH

FOOD SCIENCE AUSTRALIA  http://www.dfst.csiro.au/results.htm
Results for today, ideas for tomorrow

Australian-based food manufacturers are competing for freezer, chiller and
shelf space with manufactured food products from all around the world.

For the food industry in Australia, staying competitive means continually
improving products and productivity while controlling costs of raw
materials, packaging, labour, energy, storage and transport and enhancing
product safety.

Meeting these challenges demands vigilance, responsiveness, and
uncompromising technical competence.

When you're facing challenges like these, it helps to have the support of a
reliable partner.

Food Science Australia can help achieve your objectives.
. to take your products successfully to new and growing markets nationally
and internationally.

Get your products right for your markets, right from the start. Our
scientific and technical staff can help you analyse your target customer's
behaviour patterns and taste, flavour, colour, size and other food
preferences.
Produce products with qualities attractive to consumers or with desirable
production and/or storage attributes. We can help you identify the best
available ingredients or develop novel ingredients.
Protect the nutritional qualities of your food products. We can help you
assess and protect the stability of nutrients in your products.
Open up new markets. We can give you market entry and regulatory advice, as
well as market and consumer research results.

A range of fresh soups with a 24-day shelf life was developed for House of
Winston.
 Several varieties of reduced-fat smallgoods, in which animal fat has been
replaced by a patented protein gel with fat-like texture, have been launched
commercially by Hans Continental Smallgoods in conjunction with the
ingredients supplier, Applied Technical Products. Based on Food Science
Australia research, the products are opening up new markets in Australia and
overseas.