C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:34:24 -0400
Hi

  Centrum Silver is good, but straight mag is far better - see if you can find
Swiss Formula or some other such supplement. Also, niacin (as a stand alone) or
found in veggies (green) is great for heart health - improves blood circulation.
The multiple vitamins have very little of individual vits and minerals.

  Cheleated magnesium is what you should be using for heart health, Bobby. All
kinds of studies about its benefits. And during post-op care, for about a month,
step up yer vit C to around 1,500 units daily, then drop to daily recommended of
500mg.

  My hubby was a Texas boy for years but I've converted him to a healthy
lifestyle. God help me, he could live to 90 :)  He's addicted to salads now. And
we eat of steamed veggies and rice. That will knock the pounds off. A
rambunctious terrier puppy to chase after wouldn't hurt, either.

Cheers!

Carla