C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:18:51 EDT
I don't know about you Gordo, but I'm house bound much of the time.  Reading
is hard; I have a hard time concentrating, but I still enjoy it. TV makes a
big difference in my life, more than the people who always say they're going
to come to visit and never do.

It just depends on the programs you're watching.  You can fill your head with
crap outside the house, or inside.  You can read trash, watch trash, or hang
out with trash.  OR...you can read good literature, watch edifying television
programming, or associate with people who will build you up and lift your
spirits.

PWDs who have the option to go out anytime they want will be couch potatoes
or not -- just like ABs -- don't you think?

In a message dated 10/19/2000 10:38:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Hi Carla - Wouldnt this promote disabled to be vegetables ?
>  sit there watching TV all day - I used to be like that - didnt enjoy it =
>  one bit...
>
>  Now I might watch 2-3 hours a week..=20

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam