C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"greer.bobby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:40:02 -0500
Robin,

    I am 63 years old and have had mild cp all my life. I have been through
some rough times like your son, but I was never diagnosed. It's hard to stand
by and see a loved one go through what your son is going through now. I am a
recovering alcoholic and but for the grace of God I would be dead now. Was my
alcoholism horrible? Yes. Did it harm my family? Yes. Was it worth it. YES. I
now know of humility and that everyone has problems. My experience has
benefitted many others. Although I hope I never go there again, my alcoholism
has helped see things from a totally different perspective.

    Why am I sharing this? Because my experience is my strength and hope. It
shows me we can come through terrible things and be the better for it, at least
that is what I believe.
God bless you and your son, Robin