C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:07:59 +0100
--- Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi everyone-
>
> I just started really dating this year--at the grand
> old age of 21 LOL. Talk
> about a late bloomer.

Anee, thats not a "late bloomer", im 31 - & still
havnt been dating yet :-)

Note :- When I was in London, from 1979-83, I had a
girlfriend with CP - bout the same as mine..
we were only 12/13 yrs old, & went out a lot - but we
didnt "date"  - so 'technically' I havnt dated..

> Since I walk some I often play the role of door
> oppener if I am not in my
> chair...I also have a tendency to be the one to park
> the scooter in
> restraunts and to pick up stuff he drops as he
> dosn't currently carry a reacher with him.  We have
> gotton so that we know each others abilities and
> know when and when not to help each other.  That's
> something that comes to a relationship with time.

Thats great - to know each others limits, & to know
when the other can do things you can't do.

(I consider face-to-face real-life completely
different to email & chats - so dont take any
offences)

I was wondering - in "life", I am quite reserved &
quiet - however recenly (last few years), Ive become
more open & stuff - however, when it comes to dating I
am **VERY** shy, & have never been on dates..

I think I need help :-)

1 question - For those that have CP - are you married
/ going dating with other people without CP / other
disability.. - without problems..

and those that marry with others who are disabled -
have there been any/many problems ?

Gordon.

=====
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
My ICQ number is :- 83440115 http://www.icq.com
gordonistewart_nz (at) hotmail (dot) com