C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:42:18 EDT
Hi everyone-

Well I don't have anything good to report I am affraid.  Went to see the doc
on Thursday.  I had been short of breath since tuesday--and still am.  Well
in addition to the dyspnea, I was also tachycardic, my bp was like 168/90 .
He thought that the antihypertensive--which he uped last week--that I was on
(had been on it for a month) could be causing this--which it very well might
be--so he told me to discontinue that.  So I am to get my VS checked on
monday.  And go back to see him in 2 weeks from when I saw him which was
Thursday June 1.   Unless things get worse and then I'll be seeing him before
that.  If next time I see I am still like this then we will be starting to do
some serious investigation into what is the matter.  But we have to figure
out if the meds might be causing it first.  You know everything must be ruled
out one thing at a time.  Nither one of us think it is an infection because I
did not have a temp, and my lungs were clear and my heart sounded "great
besides the fact it is going a mile a minute"--of course you do not have to
have a temp to have an infection.  As of now the only symptoms are the
abnormal vital signs which could meen just about anything.   A blocked aorta
was ruled out for the second time at this same appointment--at leat that is
good news.  Theoreticly if it is the meds then this should end by tomarow but
I know sometimes some componets of some medications can stay in your system
for weeks.  Hopfully this is nothing more than the meds.  I'll be shure to
keep you in the know.

 By the way has anyone elce happened to run across anything like this?  As
you know I have quite a bit of experience with medical stuff and I have not
run across anything like this in my level of disability.  Now I have run into
some remotly simmiler symptoms in the severe and profound indvidules I worked
with and in some really young kids but not in an adult who is only moderatly
disabled.  Of course the cerebral palsy could have nothing to do with what's
going on in the least.  But still you always have to keep it in the back of
your mind as a contributing factor.  My friend who has MS and a few other
things and is alot more well read then I am seems to think it is not the meds
and that it is "some respitory thing" but I told her that I din't even what
to hear about all the stuff it might be before we rule some of the more
simple conditions out.  So that's how it goes, we will figure this out
eventully I know but I hope we can figure this out sooner rether than latter.

Anee